Sunday, September 27, 2009

We enjoyed dinner tonight at Ken and Susan's house and celebrating three September birthdays: Katherine, Ken, and Tim with the fam. Some of the best cornbread that I've had in while!! It finally stopped raining after raining what seemed like everyday for two weeks. We needed it, but I think everyone is glad that it finally stopped.

Koby and I finally got a much needed job this afternoon. It was beautiful weather finally, and we enjoyed doing the loop around Chateau Elan. I didn't know this before, but Tony said tonight that it is four miles. He also enjoys walking it. The landscaping and trees really are beautiful and the changes in elevation make it a challenging course.

Hoschton had its annual fall festival this weekend. Yesterday was a complete dud b/c of the rain. They even cancelled the parade; however, a good many people showed up for it today. We went to the outdoor New Community service this morning and then to lunch with some neighbors. Our favorite Mexican restaurant has the most awesome "Centinela Dip" that I tried today and it was the best Mexican dish that I've had in a while.

Before going to the birthday bash, we checked in on Erma at her tent at the festival. She feels that she met a good many people of the "332" section of Hoschton, which was good given that this is the part of town that she did not meet when she and Kelley were going door to door for the petition. Perhaps biased, but I think she has this mayoral race in the bag!

Have a great week!
Lora Gary

1 comment:

All American Family said...

Hey there Lora - good to "catch up" with you. Ummm...I remember Susan's cornbread...I had it MANY times when I was living with them. ;) Sorry the weather was so icky for the festival...but I know y'all needed the rain. Hope your friend wins the Mayoral race...you'll have to keep those of us who don't live there posted.